Employers can force retirement of older workers if it is in the "public interest", a landmark court ruling signalled http://www.telegraph.co.uk
My Dear Old Free Jalil
2. I like to put the context of why SBPA origins is sadly overlooked and left out in your write-up. The Govt drove the GTP agenda and PEMANDU escaped censure because it recommended that to attract private sector talent into the civil service, there must similar fair adjustment in the top echelons remumeration package. Yes the whole initiative was ONE innovative and creative fad, top down and sold to JPA to review the Public service scheme under the New Economic model Era.
3. There was unfortunate sellout of hard work and toil to come up with the package by JPA team, who still suffered the shameful act of the Union pulling the rug under the carpet vis a vis the Govt by Dato Omar, whose decision to throw in the spanner on SBPA was Not a unanimous decision of CUEPACS council. He acted summarily and UTUSAN peer help to calibrate his message. Their silence on this sad tragedy of the public service since Independence speak volumes for all to reflect.
4. There is inherent contradiction between the 1Msia philosophy and the GTP agenda, of which the public service "have to be clone" like the private sector; just like the apparent paradox of democracy and capitalism fail to be fathom by fellow Malaysians.
5. Yes the role of union all over the world now seems like a dinosaur in the march towards greater new economic order. Yet I see they have a role and place in the fate of the nation; but its leadership need to be enlightened and capable as well as able to nurture trust and accountability towards the advancement of the nation.
6. The black saga of departure of DG PSD in an unceremoniously manner is indeed the dark episode in the history of the public service since Independence. The undercurrent tension and disquiet unhappiness of making SBPA an election gamechanger is very unfortunate. Too bad the accountability for the debacle fell on the public service,while the master conductor of GTP and the political leadership have passed the bug. So much for integrity of our national leadership today.
7. Yes we move on with hope that the public service is still held in high regard and understood its fate in intimately linked to the rise and fall of nations for all who understood history.
Datuk Dr Mohd Ghazali Dato Hj Md Noor
VP, OFA KL&Sel