Allah’s Dialog with Prophet Zachariah and Allah’s Miracles

 

1. Kaf-Ha-Ya-’Ain-Sad. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].

2. This is a mention of the mercy of your Lord to His slave(Zakariyya (Zachariah)
3. When he called out his Lord (Allah) a call in secret
4. He said: “My Lord! Indeed my bones have grown feeble, and grey hair has spread on my head, And I have never been unblest in my invocation to You, O my Lord!
5.”And verily I fear my relatives after me, and my wife is barren. So give me from Yourself an heir.
6. “Who shall inherit me, and inherit (also) the posterity of Ya’qub (Jacob) (inheritance of the religious knowledge and Prophethood, not of wealth.). And make him, my Lord, one with whom You are Well-Pleased!”
7. (Allah said) “O Zakariyya (Zachariah)! Verily, We give you the glad tidings of a son, whose name will be Yahya (John). We have given that name to none before (him).”
8. He said: “My Lord! How can I have a son, when my wife is barren, and I have reached the extreme old age.”
9.He said: “So (it will be). Your Lord says: It is easy for Me. Certainly I have created you before, when you had been nothing!”
Source: Quran: (Maryam: Verses 1 – 9)

Reflections from these verses –

  • These verses give us the evidence of Allah’s Mercy which is boundless. It makes possible what may seem impossible to us. Nothing is impossible for Allah.
  • We understand from these verses that we cannot use our logic to comprehend Allah’s Power and Design. Our duty is to pray for good and hope for the best from Allah.
  • These verses also show that when Zakaria invoked Allah, he first acknowledged that Allah had always blessed him and he had never been disappointed in his invocation. A true servant of Allah therefore should always be conscious of the blessings of His Creator and Benefactor.
  • These verses reflect the fact that a Prophet does not have selfish desires. His concern was that Allah’s Commands are followed and that goodness prevail.
  • These verses reflect the Quranic style of the dialog between Zakaria and Allah. We see how Allah communicates a message to us by telling us a story thereby making it easy for us to understand the lessons in the story.
  • Through these verses Allah reminds us that we should ponder on man’s creation. Man had been nothing before Allah created him. Everything is easy for Allah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog